The ethos of the school's sport is ‘Sport for excellence, sport for all’. The school strives to give children the opportunity to play a wide range of sports. All children are encouraged to participate and we try to ensure that all find sports and activities which they enjoy.
Matches are played against local schools and all ability levels have the opportunity to play competitive sport. The record of school teams has been outstanding in recent years with success at Regional, National and International level and a number of pupils have gone on to gain Sports Scholarships at public schools.
The school is set in 100+ acres of well drained playing fields. Its sporting facilities include:
- Extensive playing fields with football, rugby, hockey and cricket pitches, rounders fields and a grass athletics track
- Full sized Astroturf hockey pitch which converts to 9 tennis courts in the Summer Term
- Tarmac netball and tennis courts
- Two squash courts
- An indoor 25 metre swimming pool
- A 9 hole par 3 golf course
- A Sports Hall for badminton, tennis, basketball, volleyball, netball, cricket nets, indoor football and hockey
- Dance studio
- A lake within the grounds offering Kayaking/Canoeing
The school makes regular overseas visits to play sport, primarily to South Africa, but also closer to home.